Controller Data Transformation Manager (SVP)
The Controllers Data team is responsible for the implementation of enhancements to Citi’s Data Operating Model (DOM) in relation to data consumed or produced by the Controllers organization. The team is responsible for understanding the concerns of the stakeholders within the Controllers organization relative to data quality and availability to assess required solutions to address those issues ensuring to coordinate closely with both internal and external stakeholders. They are engaged in efforts to remediate the issues through engagement with resolution teams, bridging the gap between the technology teams and the business teams. The focus will be to satisfy the data needs of the Controllers organization with data that is high quality and fit for purpose. The Controllers Data team will execute activities in support of Finance Transformation Plan sections for data management and remediation to support data consumption, data production, adjustment reduction and other remediation efforts.
This position will be a manager role within the team, responsible for the operationalization of data management standards for data produced and consumed by the Controllers organization. The individual in this role will focus on one of the following areas:
- Books & Records Data, supporting data consumed and produced by Controllers in the Financial Books & Records processes, such as accounting, ledger, and close; including initiatives such as data requirements, data quality issue remediation, data controls, contractual anchoring/governance, and contractual adjustment remediation.
- Reporting Data, supporting requirements for data consumed by Regulatory Reporting stakeholders in preparation of BCBS 239 and other reports.
- Data Analytics and Program Governance, providing program support across the Controllers Data Team including stakeholder management, status reporting and metrics, action plan execution focused on scoping and risk reduction metrics, along with other strategic initiatives; responsible for budget and headcount management.
- Manage a team of data transformation analysts, including mentoring, guidance, and career development
- Support the implementation of data management initiatives across Citi to ensure the needs of Controllers are met and that the data is fit for purpose.
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategic solutions to enhance the data delivery and provisioning platforms for Controllers
- Facilitate the transition of data consumption from existing models to the enhanced data management framework, including defining consumption points, trusted sources, and technology enablers
- Participate in the development of data quality rules and metrics, including dashboards, KPIs, and other measurements of success
- Facilitate or contribute to status meetings (recurring and ad-hoc) with required stakeholder communities (including senior management) by preparing materials and updates, summarizing issues and risks, defining agreed action items and next steps
- Create project artifacts including, but not limited to: business and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and operational readiness documents
- Other specific responsibilities as related to the supported function, including requirements gathering, issue root cause remediation, data lineage documentation, control design, process governance etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Data Management or related field is required.
- 8+ years working in the financial services industry, financial data management, or financial data remediation is required
- Demonstrated history of successful people management
- Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills with ability to break challenges into component parts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Ability to lead and drive change through creative thinking and pragmatism
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and plan / prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit and formally define their requirements
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and translate to the delivery of successful results in a complex and cross-functional organization
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening, and interviewing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Broad experience of Finance or Operational/Technology function within Banking organization is preferred
- Experience supporting transformation projects and organizational change initiatives a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with financial products life cycles and associated data needs preferred
- Experience with controller functions, financial books & records, and/or regulatory reporting is a plus
- Experience in data governance programs with knowledge of data governance principles and practices is a plus
- Practical experience of data management, data remediation, front to back system data flows, data handling, transmission, aggregation and/or data modelling is a plus
- Knowledge of metadata management, data lineage, data tracing, and/or data certification is a plus
- Program and project management skills that include both Waterfall and Agile e.g. Scrum is a plus
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
加入我們超過 220,000 人實力堅強的多元化團隊
熱心公益的員工在 90 個國家/地區的社區擔任志工
在超過 95 個市場擁有實體據點，提供富有意義的工作機會