Compl Bus Control Officer
The Regional IPB Operational Risk & Control Officer will partner closely with the Regional IPB Business teams in Singapore, Hong Kong and United Kingdom, Regional Retail Banking and Global functions (including Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk Management, Operations & Technology, etc) as well as Country Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) teams to support the implementation of robust control directives and processes.
A critical function of the role is to provide control advisory and support to the Regional IPB organization in mitigating the high business and franchise risk that is inherent to a business undergoing transformation (i.e., new product development, new process development and network optimization) in a regulatory environment that is constantly changing. The incumbent will also provide subject matter expertise on risk and control, project manage regional control initiatives and engage in Retail Bank controls strategy, governance and framework.
This role is part of the Regional Retail Banking & IPB Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) team and reports to the Regional IPB & Retail Bank Control Head.
- Work with the Regional IPB and Retail Bank team to execute a robust control and governance framework for Asia and EMEA markets. Enhance the focus on controls and governance related to Wealth Management and Insurance products and branch network optimization to ensure that controls are keeping in pace with the evolving business landscape.
- Work with Regional counterparts (including Investment Product Risk, AML, Legal, Compliance) to provide oversight and support the development of effective surveillance and monitoring parameters and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), including but not restricted to Offshore Wealth Services, Investment and Insurance Sales Surveillance, customer pre / post-purchase call backs, customer complaint monitoring, product reviews, etc.
- Establishing front-to-back line-of-sight across and within the Regional IPB businesses and instituting a global standard risk management and governance framework (Business AML, Sales Surveillance / RDIP, RCPPM, OWS, Treating Customer Fairly, etc.) for the IPB businesses in partnership with the concerned regional stakeholders and ensuring consistent deployment of the approved framework across the IPB businesses.
- Working with the IPB businesses and function owners on risk and control matters, providing objective views on risks, controls and trends to the Regional IPB Controls Head and the respective Country IPB Control Heads, advising and guiding the function owners on risks and controls, and performing timely escalation on emerging risks and issues.
- Providing specialist risk and control coordination, advice and guidance to ensure a consistent MCA program, PRCs (Processes, Risks and Controls), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for risk and control across the IPB businesses, including monitoring and reporting processes.
- Driving collaboration with Legal, Compliance, AML and Operational Risk Management (ORM) as Second Line of Defense functions, and with Internal Audit as the third Line of defense. Focusing on improved IBAM rates, ECI, OTR, ROR indicators.
- In partnership with the IPB Business CBORC teams providing specialist risk and control advice and guidance to ensure consistency across the MCA PRCMs (Processes, Risks, Controls, Monitoring) of the IPB businesses.
- Drive critical enhancements to the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) program through alignment with evolving risks as well as changing business needs and policies and ensuring the mapping of the Regulatory Control Matrix to the MCA is comprehensive.
- Help drive a strong control culture and ensuring permanent controls readiness through proactive risk management and issue self-identification.
- Provide advisory and support to the Regional IPB teams on Internal Audit reviews and regulatory exams
- Provide advisory and support to IPB Singapore teams on matters going through PAC assessment.
- Lead or support as appropriate the root cause analysis of material risk events and control breaks, work with country/regional functions and businesses to establish effective feedback loop to augment control management and share lessons learned with the country and region teams.
- Coordinate and perform targeted Horizontal Reviews in partnership with country and regional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with the support of local management.
- Support the Retail Bank Transformation and strategic initiatives to ensure that risk and controls are adequately managed and addressed prior to implementation.
- Participate actively in Global initiatives and work groups representing Asia/EMEA GCB.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree
- Minimum 10+ years of experience with strong strategic, analytical and product management (Retail Bank/Wealth Management/Insurance) skills
- Good working knowledge of Wealth Management products/Insurance products.
- Good understanding of various branch, digital and other customer engagement channels
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing skills & negotiation)
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgently and to deliver on tasks effectively and efficiently
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
加入我們超過 200,000 人實力堅強的多元化團隊
熱心公益的員工在 90 個國家/地區的社區擔任志工
在超過 98 個市場擁有實體據點，提供富有意義的工作機會