Accounting & Billing Manager - Agency & Trust
• Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub perform the contractual obligation activities for more than 300 contracts for the following countries: Panama, Colombia, Peru, Brazil and Argentina.
• Our business handles a wide variety of types of contracts. No contract is the same; all are tailor made, according to the needs of the clients.
• Each Latin America Country has their own regulations that the candidates must to understand, has a comprehensive knowledge, and be aware of each change of the regulation.
• The candidate must have good skills in learning the different systems depending on the country that will be under his/her responsibility.
• Keep in mind that the candidate will have a short learning curve, due to the complex and dynamic nature of the business. Therefore, the candidate must be aware of this challenge.
• The candidate have to have the ability to work (monitoring) closely with the team in order to ensure that all the process and activities have dully executed without error and losses. He / she is responsible of the correct execution of the process on the daily basis.
• This position includes wide variety of duties centered on General accounting, financial reporting, Regulatory reporting, accounts payable, General ledger account reconciliations, billing process among others.
• Ensure that key controls are operating effectively and in compliances with policies and procedures.
• Manage the month end closing functions for special accounting, which includes review of journal entries, certification of end of month reconciliation and review of transaction activity for proper accounting classification
• Responsible to produce local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators on time.
• Managing ongoing Accounting & Billing projects such as integration of systems and implementation of a new processes.
• Responsible for the documentation, update and enforcement of policies and procedures for the area
• Responsible to ensure the correct billing process for the services provided.
• Support Front & Middle Office, as well as, internal areas related to client demands or internal process for Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub.
• Provide metrics and controls related to all activities performed as defined by internal Policies.
• Ensure to utilize our Issuer Services Core system as a tool for daily basis activities to be performed for all
• Work on holidays and at different time - zones in order to provide the proper services for Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub.
• Plan, organize, direct, and control the work of staff employees while continuously driving process improvement.
Day-to day responsibilities
• Read, analyze, and understand the different contracts for each clients in different jurisdictions.
• According to the lecture of each contract, provide the necessary comments to the Accounting guideline.
Billing, Accounting and Reconciliation
• Responsible to the invoice generation which entails evaluating the accuracy of operational billing inputs, quality variance analysis, time invoice generation and secure invoice distribution.
• Review and approve (according to the A&T contract and frequency) the commission collection letters (or Invoices) to be send to clients.
• Handle day to day accounting operations as responsible of the accounting team
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Financial reporting and general ledger
• Responsible to an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Review and approve accounting entries, into the core system, according to the contract obligations.
• Record the commissions and their monthly accrual according to the Fee Schedule of each contract.
• Ensure to complete control log on a daily basis, in order to assurance that all instructions received were performed.
• On a daily basis, balance the accounts of the different A&T contracts.
• Act as account owner of the balance sheet review in the E-recon system, with the supporting documentation.
• Produce local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators for Latin American Countries.
• Review and approve the monthly (internal) financial statements of the trust agreements.
• Review and approve metrics and controls related to all activities performed as defined by bank Policies or internal decision.
• Review and approve the reports for each Latin American Countries: a) Billing Report, b) Aging Report, c) Account balance reports, among others.
• On a daily basis, review and approve the activities performed during the day through the operational checklist of the area.
• Provide assistance regarding Projects related to Agency & Trust business.
• Support LATAM Agency & Trust Operational activities end - to - end, including the process of coordinating with other teams based on a different country.
• Update of procedures, instructions, manuals and checklist of the area.
• Be aware of the emails received from internal and external clients, and provide a response in a timely manner.
• Work on holidays and at different time-zones to service the respective Latin American countries.
• Act as backup of other supervisors of the area.
• Review and approve all the evidence for the Self-Assessment process in the systems.
• Provide support in any other activity that is assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Specialization in Accounting or Finance with significant accounting experience.
• Minimum 6 Years’ experience in the financial service industry.
• Proficiency in English, Spanish and Portuguese
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft word, excel and Access
• Ability to work properly and effectively as a member of the Operations Team, aimed at achieving the group's objectives.
• Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines and heavy workload must of the time.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience managing group of people.
• Experience interacting with all levels of people (Junior, Middle, Seniors)
• Experience in giving presentations to all level and communicate effectively.
Focus on controls.
• Proven interpersonal skills. Customer focused. Highly organized and proactive.
• Quick learner. Ability for a good understanding of activities, policies, procedures, regulations of different countries and concepts of the work area.
• Ability to analyze and understand legal documents.
• This position requires the use of multiples systems at the same time, in that sense the candidate must have the ability to absorb the modules and commands of the systems that will be used on a day-to-day basis.
• This position requires knowledge of the bank's policies, in order to execute the activities aligned to it. In that sense, the candidate must have the ability to fully understand the policies that govern our business, and be updated of changes in them.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Securities and Derivatives Processing
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
加入我們超過 220,000 人實力堅強的多元化團隊
熱心公益的員工在 90 個國家/地區的社區擔任志工
在超過 95 個市場擁有實體據點，提供富有意義的工作機會