Third Party Business Relationship ManagerLocations: Tampa, Florida Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20190432
The Third Party Officer (“TPO”) is a dedicated role part of Citi’s Third Party Risk Management program, responsibility for ensuring effective risk management practices are in place for external third party relationships which carry the highest degree of risk for Citi’s businesses. The TPO will be supported by the Enterprise Supply Chain Third Party Utility which is responsible for the execution of standard third party risk management activities that can be conducted centrally to drive operational efficiencies.
- Representing business leadership to coordinate and facilitate Third Party Risk Management activities
- Evaluating current market conditions and providing insight on trends/issues that may impact the business through the use of external Third Parties.
- Advising BAO on the Risk Assessment for third parties and re-accessing as required; identifying significant changes in relationship to trigger update of Risk Assessment
- Verifying third party’s compliance to required policies and controls
- Partnering with business operations, technology teams and internal functions to conduct on-site visits of third party, as required
- Maintaining and updating Citi’s Exit Strategy Plans as required; when the exit strategy poses significant risk to Citi, work with business contacts to establish appropriate risk mitigation activities to minimize risk to Citi
- Interacting with third parties on escalations of non-performance and contractual issues to drive resolution when appropriate
- Monitoring third party performance and SLs through Citi Performance Management Assessment (PMA) process
- Verifying Third Party contracts (e.g. Statements of Work) are properly executed and uploaded in Citi’s Contract Management System (eSourcing), working with the Enterprise Supply Chain (ESC) organization if re-negotiations are required
- Reviewing, prioritizing, assessing and acting on results of TPRM assessments/controls with support from various internal functions (e.g., IS, CoB, DPO, Export, Credit Risk, Country Risk, Financial Evaluations), in conjunction with the business and operations teams
- Facilitating remediation of issues or gaps identified as part of ongoing monitoring
- Defining risk mitigation strategies and risk exceptions based on the business’ risk appetite
- Providing thought leadership to drive supplier optimization and efficiencies based on Third Parties risk profiles, performance, and market trends
- Standardizing SLs performance monitoring measures for like services, where possible
- Liaising with the ESC Third Party Utility, as necessary, to review and respond to the results of third party risk management activities conducted centrally by the Utility
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in, strategic sourcing/procurement, vendor management risk management and/or regulatory compliance in one or more of the following risk disciplines: technology risk, business continuity, operational risk, supplier risk, or audit and controls. Broad knowledge of other risk areas, with strong understanding of supplier or third-party risk impact in a financial services company is a plus
- Demonstrates knowledge of in-scope business and product areas
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate complex and sensitive issues to management. Local language requirements as applicable.
- Experience in strategic sourcing/procurement and interacting with suppliers’ management teams with the ability to exercise sound, timely and independent judgment.
- Demonstrates understanding of operational capabilities of suppliers across applicable business types
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.